Hello, thanks for stopping by our blog!!
My name is Megan, and I'm kind of just working my way through having a website, learning as I go. If it doesn't look like much now, don't worry...I WILL get there!
A few years ago, I watched a documentary called "The Beautiful Truth". This was the first time that the harsh realities of what capitalism has come to in our society was brought to my attention. I tried to start eating organic then, but living in a small town, meant that I didn't have readily access to purchase healthier foods. We didn't have an organic food store, and the closest place to get that type of food was from a Kroger a town over. Now, we do have an organic food store but there isn't a whole lot to choose from. Also, when you do find organic foods, their ridiculously expensive!
So...we decided we wanted to be self-sustainable! For about a year now, we've had ducks, chickens and Nigerian Dwarf goats!
Many things are happening this year, in 2017!!
- Getting a registered Nigerian Dwarf billy goat to breed our lovely ladies, Tippy and Periwinkle!
- Growing the biggest garden WE have ever had!
- Building a brand NEW duck coup (with "found" & refurbished materials, of course!)
- Adding Toulouse Geese to our flock
- Adding new Muscovy hens to our flock of Pied black & whites. (Lavendar & chocolate!!)
Lots of things are happening on our homestead, and we're really excited to share our experiences!
Here are some articles you may be interested in, below. Also, check out the page categories to find exactly what you're looking for!